The Chinese Embassy and Consulates legalize (or authenticate) documents which are executed in Sweden and will be used in China. Type of documents include: birth/death certificates, power of attorney, marriage certificates, diplomas, adoption application papers, business license, etc.
(2) Procedures for legalization:
Step One: Signed and notarized by a Swedish Notary Public;
Step Two: Legalized by Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs;
Step Three: Legalized by Chinese Embassy in Sweden or Chinese Consulate General in Gothenburg (depending on where you are located. Those who live in south-western 7 provinces of Sweden, i.e. Västra götland, Halland, Värmland, Jonkonping, Kronoberg, Skåne, Blekinge, their application should submit to Chinese Consulate General in Gothenburg ).
(3) Requirement of application for Legalization by the Chinese Embassy:
- completely filled one Legalization Application Form;
- notarized and legalized document, both original and photocopy;
- applicant's passport photocopy; and
- copy of the company registration certificate if legalization is for company's use
(4) Useful address of Notary Public Office and Legalization Office
-- Notary Public Office of Stockholm
Kungsgatan 3, 3tr.
103 90 Stockholm
-- Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs
· UD Legaliseringsexpeditionen
Malmtorgsgatan 3 A, 7 Tr.
103 23 Stockholm
Tel: 08-405 10 00
-- Chinese Embassy in Sweden
· Folkrepubliken Kinas ambassad
115 27 Stockholm
Tel: 08-57936442 or 08-57936429
Öppetider: 09:00-11:30 (Måndag-Fredag, except public holiday and Chinese holiday. For Chinese holiday leave, please pay attention to Notice from the Embassy.)
(5) Mail Service
For mail service you need to submit the following documents:
a Legalization Application Form; and
b Original documentation to be legalized and its photocopy; and
c Application fees paid (including an extra of 40 kr for mail handling fees) by cash or credit card; and
d A pre-paid, self-addressed recommended return envelope.
Please kindly note:
a International mail service is NOT available;
b Express service by mail is NOT available.
(6) Application Fees for Legalization
Express for 2-3 working days
Express for the same day