Desirous of strengthening friendly relationship between the two countries, of encouraging and promoting the development of cooperation in the field of science and technology, and recognizing the requirements of scientific and technological development and its importance in the development of national economies of both countries,
have reached an agreement on the following:
The Contracting Parties shall, in the spirit of friendly cooperation and on the basis of mutual respect for, sovereignty and independence, non-interference in each other?s internal affairs, equality and mutual benefit, develop through exchanging scientific and technological achievements, scientific research and design, as well as scientific and technological cooperation between the two countries for economic development, and consider the importance of integration of scientific and technological cooperation with economy and trade cooperation.
According to this Agreement, the Contracting Parties shall encourage:
1. the exchange of scientists and other technical experts in order that scientific and technical knowledge, experience and lectures might be exchanged;
2. the exchange of experts and technicians in order that they might become acquainted with science and technology;
3. the exchange of scientific information and date, samples of product, material, equipment, instruments, accessories, seeds and seedings, etc.;
4. the organization of scientific and technological seminars, symposia, conferences and other meetings;
5. the implementation of joint research, products and experiments as well as exchange of the results of the research and products on subjects of mutual interest;
6. any other forms of scientific and technological cooperation as agreed upon by the Contracting Parties.
The Contracting Parties shall sign protocols or contracts within the limits permitted by this Agreement to promote the scientific and technological cooperation in between organizations, units and enterprises.
The Government of the People?s Republic of China appoints the State Science and Technology Commission of the People?s Republic of China and the Government of the Republic of Croatia appoints the Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of Croatia, as their organizations for the implementation of this Agreement.
The experts and other persons sent on the basis of this Agreement are under the obligation to respect the laws and regulations in force in the country to which they are sent.
1. The treatment of intellectual property arising from the cooperative activities under this Agreement shall be provided for in the implementing arrangements.
2. Scientific and technological information of non-proprietary nature derived from the cooperative activities under this Agreement shall be possessed by the both sides and kept secret; if necessary it shall be made available to the third party, unless otherwise agreed in writing, the method and the procedure should be dealt with by the cooperation organizations.
The expenses involved in the implementation of this Agreement shall be agreed upon separately by the Contracting Parties.
The present Agreement may be revised and replenished upon the consent of the Contracting Parties.
This Agreement shall enter into force on the day of receipt of the last notification through diplomatic channels of one Contracting Party to the other that all conditions are met which are foreseen by national laws for its entering into force. This Agreement shall remain in force for a period of five years from the day of entering into force and continue in force thereafter automatically for successive periods of five years unless either Contracting Party notifies the other Contracting Party through diplomatic channels in writing six months in advance of its intention to terminate the Agreement.
Done and signed in Beijing, on 11 April 1994 in duplicate, in the Chinese, Croatian and English languages, the three texts being equally authentic. In case of differences in interpretation, the English text shall prevail.