Home Embassy Information Sino-Indonesian relations Consular & Visa Services Culture, Education & Science Technology Economic & Trade Information Media & Press Services Features
Home > Consular & Visa Services > Notarizations & Legalizations
Frequently Asked Questions On Chinese Visa

 1. Is an appointment required for a visa application? Can I entrust someone else to apply for me?

No appointment is required. You may entrust someone else or a travel/visa agent to come to the visa office for application process, but mail applications are not acceptable.

2. Can I apply for visa with a photocopy of my passport?

Your must provide your original passport.

3. My child is traveling to China with me. He cannot fill up his application; can I do it on his/her behalf?


4. How can I get application ? Is it charged?

You can download from the Chinese Embassy website ,or get it at the visa section, it is for free.

5. I'm going to China on June 1, and my visa will expire on June 10. Can I still stay in China for 30 days?

Yes. Usually, a Chinese visa is good for 90 days from the date of issue, which means, you can enter China within 90 days , and duration of stay is 30 days (It is written in the visa label), which means from the date of your entrance, you can stay in China for 30 days.

6.What type of visa applicants should submit " Physical examination record for foreigner" ?

This form is strictly for those who will study in China over 6 months.

7.Should Indonesia citizens apply for a visa for the mainland of China (Beijing, Guangzhou , Shanghai, etc.)from Hongkong SAR?

Yes, you shall apply for a visa first.

8. Can applicant apply for the visa by mail?

Mailed applications are not acceptable.

9. How can I check the visa process of my application?

If there is some problem about your visa ,we will contact you by the telephone number given in the application form.

10. If I lost the receipt of my passport, what shall I do?

Come to Embassy with your ID card and the copy of it.

Suggest to a friend