Home Embassy Information Sino-Indonesian relations Consular & Visa Services Culture, Education & Science Technology Economic & Trade Information Media & Press Services Features
Home > Consular & Visa Services > Notarizations & Legalizations
Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR Visas

Hong Kong SAR Visa

Indonesia citizens may visit Hong Kong SAR for up to 30 days without a visa, but a visa is required for those to work, study, establish or join in any business or to take up residence.

For visa requirements for foreign citizens other than Indonesia, please visit the Hong Kong SAR Immigration Department web site: http: // www. immd. gov. hk .

How to apply

You must come to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate -General in the consular jurisdiction where you live/work to submit the application, or you may entrust someone else or a travel/visa agent to come to the visa office of the Embassy or Consulate -General in the consular jurisdiction where you live for application process.

Mail applications are not acceptable and will be refused. No appointment is required.

You may also send your applications to Hong Kong SAR Immigration Department (Please visit http://www.immd.gov.hk/index.html for requirements).

Documents to be included:

Processing time is not fixed. The Embassy shall issue visas according to the response from the Hong Kong SAR Immigration Department in 4 weeks.



Macao SAR Visas

All visitors must hold a passport or a valid travel document. Please note that the validity of these documents must not be less than 30 days since the day you enter Macau.

If travel arrangements are made through an agent, the visa processing is handled by Macau tour operators.

A.Visas are required by all visitors except:

a) Residents of Macau;

b) Nationals of Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cape Verde, Croatia, Czech, Cyprus, Denmark, Dominica, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mali, Malta, Mongolia, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Tanzania and the United Kingdom(6 months) for a stay up to 90 days;

c) Nationals of Australia, Canada, Chile, India, Indonesia, Kiribati, Liechtenstein, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Namibia, New Zealand, Philippines, Samoa, Seychelles, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, the United States of America and Uruguay for a stay up to 30 days;

d) Nationals of China with valid Macau entry/depart documents, including residents of Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and overseas Chinese for a stay of up to 30 days;

e) The "Hong Kong Identity Card" (with symbol"*", "***" or "R"),  "Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card" or "Hong Kong Reentry Permit" holders may stay in Macau for a maximum period of one year.

f) Holders of Diplomatic Passport or "Laissez Passer" issued by the United Nations.

g) Holders of Consulate/Diplomatic documents issued by the Macau SAR or Hong Kong SAR.

B.Visas can be obtained from the Immigration Services through Embassies/Consulates of the PRC and should be used within the validity, the visa is expired after the valid date.

C.Visas are also available on arrival in Macau at the Immigration Services for a period of 30 days.

There are three types:

Individual - MOP$100, for individual traveller for a single stay of up to 30 days in Macau, children under 12 years of age pay MOP$50.

Family - MOP$200 for couples, husband travelling with wife and or children (under 12 years of age) of same surname or on proof of their relationship.

Group - MOP$50 per person for bonafide groups of 10 or more and children aged 12 or under.

For further information, please call Macau Immigration Services of Public Security Police Force: (Macau area code ) 853-2872 5488 or visit the website of Immigration Services: www.fsm.gov.mo

For those who want to travel to mainland China, visas may be obtained at any of the China Travel Service (CTS) offices counters in Macau (the main branch is located at Rua de Nagazaki, 35 – tel.853-2870 0888) or at the Gongbei Immigration and Customs (after the Border Gate) .

Portuguese passport holders who need the consulate's assistance may go to the Portuguese Consulate located at Rua Pedro Nolasco da Silva, 45, or call Tel: (853) 2835 6660/1/2 or fax: (853) 2835 6658.



Suggest to a friend